With so many using Apple Macs and versions of Microsoft Word that cannot open our Office XP version of doc. files I have been trying other media for Waiting Times.
Facebook would not allow us to use or edit our own name so apologies to those that may have received a profile invitation from your friend Basil Fawlty (which we find a little ironic).
To all who extended wishes to shake our hands, these were well shaken on the 20th December. Although 100km away, 6.8 on the Richter scale was enough to cause the house to judder and to damage some buildings in Gisborne.
The swinging venetian blinds first led me to the conclusion that it was either elephants or nurses walking up the driveway. Once the realisation kicked in that it was groundshift rather than the nightshift, I lurched about looking for the emergency pack, only to find I'd already polished off that bottle.
It was 8.55 pm and not quite dark yet so I went outside where it was deathly quiet except for the birds twittering. Gill knocks off at 9pm so after 15 minutes, the driveway shook again.
We both laughed at how silly we'd been and our New Year resolution is to restock the emergency pack.
Trust you all had a blessed Christmas.
Our Best Wishes for the New Year.
Mike and Gill
Wednesday, 2 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My MAC thanks you and is off to Google to look for local three year olds to show me how to do the same. Figured the earthquake had something to do with you but was working on flatulence rather than elephants as the source. Xmas pics are in the 'all portfolios' section of www.grahamwaiting.com Got driven back to work by nagging dogs at a small local non profit. Enjoying but it eats into my free time! Hope 2008 is good for all. luv G&B
Congratulations Mike you have now made it as I have stored you under My Favourites. If you decide to live in a winswept island close to the Antarctic in an earthquake zone you deserve no sympathy. However with global warming you may be the next Riviera as I have calculated all the others will be under water so buy a big plot on a hill now. Your children will love you in years to come. I am proud to say that we are on the verge of unprecedented prosperity in SA due to the income derived from our ground breaking Aids cure courtesy of Jacob and shortly the complete disbanding of the SAP so we can just go into shops, government coffers and help yourself. I can't wait!
Well luckily, I happen to work with a bunch of kids (ages three and up) who said 'blogging is in". So off we went and found a google look alike, only better (?) called wordpress.com, and we built a site so you can see what I do now. I have no idea how to set up the link, but here's the address which I cunningly linked to MY pictures and then to MY blog. The more hits, he more I get paid. So here goes.
http://ssdcs.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment